Lent 2022: Spiritual reflections, prayer resources and more
Daily Lent Reflections:
America is sending daily email Lent reflections—written by Matt Malone, Gloria Purvis, James Martin, the Jesuitical podcast and the rest of the America team—to all our print and digital subscribers via email. You can also find the daily reflections posted online here. Below you can find more Lenten resources—essays, videos and podcasts—to accompany you to Easter.
What do I give up for Lent? These young Jesuits think that’s the wrong question.
Who has the best fish sandwich for Lent?
- Why do Catholics fast on Ash Wednesday? | Jesuit Autocomplete
- 3 simple way to be kinder this Lent
- #takeupLENT with America Editors & our Special Guest Stephen Colbert
New Season of Imagine: A Guide to Jesuit Prayer
America is launching a new season of “Imagine: A Guide to Jesuit Prayer,” that will focus on stories of calling and conversion in the New Testament. In each episode, Tucker Redding, S.J., will take listeners through the many different ways in which Jesus calls out to people.
New episodes will be released on Saturdays, starting on March 5. Listen on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Jesuitical: What it’s like to give up English for Lent
Essential Lent Reading:
- Let’s Do Away with Lent
- ‘Let’s get rid of Lent?’ Not so fast.
- Catholics: Stop eating fancy fish on Fridays during Lent.
- Pope Francis’ message for Lent 2022: Get off your smartphone and do good for others face-to-face
- 7 things you never knew about fasting
- The better way to fast from social media this Lent
- Go ahead, give up chocolate for Lent.
- Why so many people want to get their ashes—even if they rarely go to Mass
- Catholics and Muslims: Who is really better at fasting and prayer?
- Podcast: Richard Rohr on Pope Francis, original sin and giving up nothing for Lent
- Why Catholics fast: searching for the tradition
- Lent is just not what it used to be
- What my 5-year-old taught me about prayer during Lent
- Will Lent resonate with Americans open to Dry January, juice cleanses and CrossFit?
Our Lenten content this year is supported by the generosity of two America readers and former pilgrims to the Holy Land, Michael and Kim Johnston.