Catholic News Quiz: Athletes, performers and a president
How did you do? Sign up for our daily newsletter to stay up to date on the most important stories from the church and the world.
Read more about this week’s answers (No peeking until you’ve taken the quiz!)
- Joe Biden begins Inauguration Day with Mass
- Read: The homily Joe Biden heard at Mass on Inauguration Day
- Who is Father Leo O’Donovan, the Jesuit priest delivering the invocation at Biden’s inauguration?
- Read: The Invocation at the Inauguration of President Joe Biden
- Star NFL QB retires on feast of athletes’ patron saint
- Hank Aaron, baseball’s one-time home run king (and a Catholic convert), dies at 86
- Amanda Gorman’s inauguration poem revealed God—through its beauty.
The latest from america
Graham Greene crafted some of English-language literature's finest works, part of a fascinating life marked by bouts of uncertainty and the certainty of doubt.
It is an extraordinary testament to a person’s pastoral care when they are remembered as someone who was a steady presence in the most difficult times.
Five years after Pope Francis convened an unprecedented summit on sex abuse, the Catholic Church’s in-house legal system and pastoral response to victims has proven still incapable of dealing with the problem.
The cardinal's warning comes after lay German Catholics involved in the Synodal Path called on the bishops to defy Rome and stick to the reform course.