Podcast: If St. Francis had a YouTube channel, it might look like this.
Father Casey Cole, a Franciscan priest and popular YouTuber, has pulled off what few before him have: garnered a massive Catholic following while remaining faithful, truthful and, above all, charitable on social media. We talk to Father Casey about how he deals with internet toxicity, generational differences among Catholics and whether St. Francis would be on Twitter if he were alive today.
In Signs of the Times, the Loyola Ramblers (and their 101-year-old chaplain Sister Jean) are back in the NCAA tournament and heading to the Sweet 16. Plus, Pope Francis has appointed Juan Carlos Cruz—a sex abuse survivor, advocate and gay man—to the Pontifical Council for the Protection of Minors.
This episode of Jesuitical is brought to you by The Great Courses Plus. Sign up for The Great Courses Plus and get an entire month of unlimited access to thousands of video and audio courses from the world’s best professors by visiting http://thegreatcoursesplus.com/jesuitical.
As always, thanks for listening. You can support the media ministry of America and unlock unlimited access to all our articles with a digital subscription for less than $1 per week. Subscribe here. And to get all that plus bonus content from Jesuitical, become a member of our Patreon community.
Links from the show:
- Sister Jean, Loyola Chicago’s #1 fan, returns to March Madness fully vaccinated
- Pope Francis names Juan Carlos Cruz, prominent abuse survivor and whistleblower, to Vatican panel
- Juan Carlos Cruz: the survivor who changed the pope’s mind on sex abuse
- Breaking in the Habit YouTube Channel
- Breaking In The Habit | Reflections of a Friar in Training