Our Lady of Sorrows

Why my mother chopped off her hair,
followed me to the school bus stop
that morning in second grade,
I didn’t know. Or why

she bent down sobbing
don’t let go of my hand.
How long did we stand by the 7-11?
Other kids hushed, watching.

When the bus clunked to a stop
I climbed on last, grabbed a seat in back.
My mother outside, hand curled on my window,
her face a blur

as the bus jerked away.
The kid beside me punched my arm:
Who was that man with you
crying so hard?

I said I didn’t know.
Three times I swore I don’t know him.

A tragically beautiful glimpse at one of those defining "coming of age" moments in a child's life. FYI, an internet search revealed that Michael Mack has a website at: http://www.michaelmacklive.com This poem seems to be part of a longer series about his mother's life with schizophrenia. It looks like Mack has been touring with this work to increase public understanding about mental illness. As someone whose own family has faced issues like this, I can only say bravo!
???... :) ?????? ?????? ????????, ? ?? ??? ??? ??? ????? ??? ??? ???????? :)
{????? {???
?????????! ?????? ?? ???? ?????? ??? ????? ??????????? ????? :)
??? ???????: ? ?? ????? ?????????, ? ?? ??????????. ??? ???????!
??????? ?????????????? ????. ??????? ????? ? ??????????? :)
????????????? ? ?????????? ?????? ? ???. ? ??????? ?? ??????????? ?????? ??????? ????? ??? ????! :)
????????????? ?????????. ???????? ?? ??? ????-?????? ?? ??? ?? ????.
?????????????! ? ??????????? ??????? ?????? ????????, ?? ??? ???? ?????!
??... ??-?????, ?????? ??????????? ??????????? ?????. ?????, ?? ????? ??????????????.
??????????? ? ?????????? ????! ??????????? ?????? ????? ?????? :)
?????, ???? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ??????????? ????????, ? ?? ???? ????????? ?????????? ???????? :)
? ???????????? ????? ????????? ? ?? ????????, ?? ???? ???? ????????? :)
?????? ????? ?????? ???, ?? ? ?????? ??????? ?? ????????. ?????????, ??? ??? ???????. :)
???? :) ???? ????????? ???????????? ? ????????? ?????. ?????? ???????????!
??? ???????? ????, ?? ??? ??????? ???????????? ????? ???????? ?????? ????? ?????-?? ?????.
?????? ????? ???????? ???????? ?? ?????!:)
????? ? ????? ??????? ??????? - ????? ??????? ?? ????. :)
????? ???! ? ????? ? ??? ??? ????????? :)
??????, ????? ??????? ?????, ???????? ?????, ? ???? ??? ? ??? ??????, ?? ?????? ? ??? ?? ???? ????????? ??????? :)
???... :) ?????? ?????? ????????, ? ?? ??? ??? ??? ????? ???????? :)
??? ?? ????? ????? ?????? ???????? ?????? ????? ???? ? ???? ???????? ????? ????? ???? ??????????

Pro-life advocates participate in the annual March for Life in Washington January 2017. (CNS photo/Tyler Orsburn)
Describing abortion as a “key social evil” in the United States, the Jesuits say: “The most fundamental building block of a just social order is respect for human life.”
America StaffJanuary 19, 2018
Men carry a replica of Peru's most revered religious icon, the "Lord of Miracles," during an Oct. 18, 2017 procession in Lima. Each year thousands of Catholics gather to commemorate the image's survival in a 17th-century earthquake that destroyed Lima. (CNS photo/Mariana Bazo, Reuters)
Father Ernesto Cavassa was provincial of the Jesuits in Peru from 1998 to 2004, and president of the Conference of Latin American Jesuit Provincials from 2005 to 2012.
Gerard O’ConnellJanuary 18, 2018
For over 45 years, Feminists for Life has been committed to ending the practice and legality of abortion and promoting the feminism of Susan B. Anthony.
Serrin M. FosterJanuary 18, 2018
A President Donald Trump supporter is see seen at the annual March for Life in Washington Jan. 27. (CNS photo/Tyler Orsburn)
During their tenure in office, President Ronald Reagan, President George H.W. Bush and President George W. Bush all addressed the march via telephone or a radio hookup from the Oval Office.
Catholic News ServiceJanuary 18, 2018