Podcast: Joining a parish (or club) could save your life.
- Why Americans join fewer clubs and associations than they used to
- Why churches are suffering the same fate
- The work of Robert Putnam in his groundbreaking book, Bowling Alone
During Signs of the Times, Zac highlights a new transcript of Pope Francis in conversation with Jesuits in Hungary.
Links from the show:
- “Join or Die”
- ‘This is God’s Style’: Pope Francis’ conversation with Hungarian Jesuits
- How could a country that was 90 percent Catholic “disappear” Catholic priests and seminarians?
- Readings: The Real Bergoglio
What’s on tap?
Tank 7 American Saison Ale from Boulevard Brewing Company
Justin McLellan – Catholic News Service
Brian P. Flanagan
The latest from america
Same-sex blessings, women’s ordination and whether doctrine can change: What Pope Francis said to the ‘dubia’ cardinals
Pope Francis breaks his silence in response to cardinals’ questions.
A Reflection for the Memorial of the Guardian Angels, by Molly Cahill
Survivors outraged by Pope Francis’ pick to head Vatican office that includes responsibility for sex abuse cases
The global advocacy group End Clergy Abuse is seeking to draw attention to the failure of Pope Francis to make good on years of pledges of “zero tolerance” for abuse.
Pope Francis has responded to a “dubia” letter written by five cardinals in regard to their concerns on the church clarifying doctrinal questions such as the ordination of women and blessing homosexual unions.