Podcast: Joining a parish (or club) could save your life.
This week, Jesuitical is joined by Pete Davis to talk about his new documentary “Join or Die,” “a film about why you should join a club — and why the fate of America depends on it.” They discuss:
- Why Americans join fewer clubs and associations than they used to
- Why churches are suffering the same fate
- The work of Robert Putnam in his groundbreaking book, Bowling Alone
During Signs of the Times, Zac highlights a new transcript of Pope Francis in conversation with Jesuits in Hungary.
Links from the show:
- “Join or Die”
- ‘This is God’s Style’: Pope Francis’ conversation with Hungarian Jesuits
- How could a country that was 90 percent Catholic “disappear” Catholic priests and seminarians?
- Readings: The Real Bergoglio
What’s on tap?
Tank 7 American Saison Ale from Boulevard Brewing Company
Provide feedback on this article
Gina Christian - OSV News
Gina Christian - OSV News, Megan Marley - OSV News
Michael J. O’Loughlin, Christopher Parker
The latest from america
A Reflection for Saturday of the Seventh Week of Easter, by Jill Rice
Sister Lucía Caram, an Argentinian nun living in Spain, has made 18 journeys to the war-torn country over the past 15 months, usually bringing humanitarian aid and returning home with refugees or wounded soldiers.
Martin Amis leaves behind a remarkable corpus of fiction, essays and memoir—even if he cold be eminently dislikable.
Nida Manzoor’s goal is to show that the culture surrounding Islam is as three dimensional and dynamic as any other faith’s.