What Jesuits Really Do

F K
hmm, your spiritual directors think that you pray like Dominicans?
Thanks for bringing some humor into America Mag on line.  It's a welcome break from all this seriousness floating around these pages!
F K
Carthusians? Ok, that would be a lot for an active order like the Jesuits (or even for a layman like me!)
david power
Forgive me but I don't get the final pic.
Do you stress over a computer for a particular reason?
Is it saying that you spend too much time on FB?
Are you stressed due to workload?
Grateful for any insights.
Kang Dole
Ok, it's now safe to say that this meme needs to die the death.
Ronald Grace
Love it!!!
Bob Baker
May we take a vot?
Crystal Watson

It must not be easy to be a Jesuit - so many preconceptions about them.
Bob Baker
I VOTE (spelled right, this time) for the last one - a Jesuit trying to get a tonsure, the hard way.
Matthew Cortese
 Way to clear up clear up any misconceptions!!  Loving the blog...
James Sutcliffe
This is an awesome collage that coveys so much in six solitary pictures. Each of us in our own lives have analogous perceptions by others about what ''we do''. I can most relate to #6, which my friends and colleagues take to be #4. Tongue planted firmly in cheek, revealing realities that apply to all of us. Very funny, and much appreciated. I agree with the earlier, less verbose post: ''love it!''. Keep it coming.

Pope Francis meets with priests, religious and seminarians at the Metropolitan Cathedral in Santiago, Chile, Jan. 16. (CNS photo/Paul Haring)
Francis focused for the second time today during his visit to Chile on the abuse scandal that has rocked the Chilean church. “I know the pain resulting from cases of abuse of minors, and I am attentive to what you are doing to respond to this great and painful evil,” he said.
Gerard O’ConnellJanuary 16, 2018
Jars of medical marijuana on display on at the Western Caregivers Medical dispensary in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Richard Vogel, File)
The Justice Department is vowing to enforce a federal ban on marijuana, even as some states try to move toward full legalization.
Ellen K. BoegelJanuary 16, 2018
Catholic women may be part of a Democratic voting wave in 2018. They are ready to welcome women deacons.
Mark M. GrayJanuary 16, 2018
This issue of America presents the findings of the most comprehensive survey of U.S. Catholic women ever conducted.
Matt Malone, S.J.January 16, 2018