No no NO NO NO!

"Even the Tree has a stylist."  According to The New York Times, the affluent in New York City are now "outsourcing" the decoration of homes for Christmas to a "stylist."

"No no NO NO NO!  I TOLD you not to use so much TINSEL!!! And that WHITE TREE!  Hans, what were you thinking?  It's ghastly!  We had a WHITE TREE last year, and it's OUT OUT OUT this year!  Didn't you see HOUSE AND GARDEN last month?  Honestly.  And why aren't there any RED ribbons? I ADORE red ribbons, Hans.  Simply ADORE THEM!!  I MUST HAVE red ribbons.   Pots and pots of them.  Acres of them!  And Hans....Hans....HANS, are you even PAYING ATTENTION?  Hans, where is the Gingerbread House from BERGDORF'S? I wanted it IN THE FOYER!  Not in the DRAWING ROOM!  Must I oversee you EVERY MINUTE of the day?  And honestly, that creche--is that what you call it?--it looks FRIGHTFUL!  I mean, it looks like it hasn't been painted or cleaned...or anything in years.  Perfectly awful.  And, Hans, Mary's dress is COMPLETELY WRONG!  Did you choose the blue?  Did you?  Did you?  DID YOU?  Blue, Hans?  Please.  It's CHRISTMAS!  Is it so hard for you to figure out that the woman should be in RED?  Or at least green?  It's Christmas, Hans.  Which everyone knows means read and green.  Besides, she looks absolutely AWFUL in blue.  She's clearly a Spring person, and needs lots of bright pastels to compliment her skin tones.  And all that STRAW!  It's disgusting.  Jesus in STRAW?  He's the Son of God, or whatever.  Get some nice SILK for him to lie in.  Go to Hermes if you have to.  And. Get. Rid. Of. Those. Animals.  It's BEYOND DISGUSTING.  I mean, you can have a DOG if you want, a nice one, like my Shih-Tzu, but a DONKEY?  Horrid.  And what is that other....THING?  A cow?  A what?  A WHAT?  An OX?  What's an OX?  Well, it doesn't matter get rid of him.  Or it.  And get rid of those other...men, shepherds, whatever they are, they look terrible--like they're HOMELESS or something!  What are THEY doing there?  I mean, REALLY, Hans, you just don't understand Christmas at ALL, do you?"

James Martin SJ

I am not sure how to react.... cry or laugh!
Beth Cioffoletti
I know, I know ... but I do like that white tree!
Marie Rehbein
Without revealing any idenities (I hope), I know of one household whose Christmas tree decorator died the day after doing the tree, and they still had the tree up in late February.
SHAWN O'NEAL
The stylist certainly would have something to say about the manger.
Stephen SCHEWE
I probably shouldn't mention the $11 mm jewel-encrusted tree in an Abu Dhabi shopping mall featured on CNN this morning ....
Bill Collier
A funny riff, Fr. Martin. I'm still chuckling at "Jesus in STRAW?  He's the Son of God, or whatever." The "whatever" succinctly captures the obliviousness to the real meaning of Christmas (as did a designer's commission, in the NYT article, to create a "camouflage-print Christmas" for a client).
Jim McCrea
Just call it full employment for the Good Christmas Fairy for a few weeks.

A woman who told police that she and her family were from Sudan is taken into custody by a Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer after arriving in February 2017 by taxi and walking across the U.S.-Canada border into Quebec. (CNS photo/Christinne Muschi, Reuters)
Canada is not innocent when it comes to immigration policies that have the potential to hurt individuals and divide families.
Dean DettloffJuly 13, 2018
In this June 6, 2018, photo, President Donald Trump's Chief of Staff John Kelly attends a briefing on this year's hurricane season at the Federal Emergency Management Agency Headquarters in Washington. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)
The private letter, sent more than a year ago, may have had changed Mr. Kelly’s mind for a time.
J.D. Long-GarcíaJuly 13, 2018
May the best team win. Actually, may Croatia win, argues Travis Timmons.
Travis Timmons July 13, 2018
Stretching voter regulation powers to the limit is contrary to the spirit of a democracy.
The EditorsJuly 13, 2018