James Martin, S.J.November 18, 2009

This is either the funniest thing I've ever seen or the scariest.  Or a pretty good hoax.  On the other hand, they have a website that looks pretty legit.

A family shouldn’t have to wait until Sunday to worship the Lord. Now you can go to church every day without leaving your home. Participate in more than 24 unique and exhilarating Ceremonies. Be sure to try them all. The more you play, the more Grace points you collect. Then trade in your Grace points to unlock the Holy Mysteries.

"Featuring Ash Wednesday!"  Love it.  No word if it will incorporate the new Mass translations.

James Martin, SJ

Jack Marth
The commerical reveals a clear defect in the game - the children are making the sign of the cross with their left hands, but apparently still get grace points!!  They are doing it all wrong, but still get points?
That, to quote Bonhoeffer, is "cheap grace".
ANN ODONOGHUE
It is very obviously a satirical hoax. While I am no longer Catholic or a believer, I find it distasteful and not at all funny when people use children to denigrate someone else's religion.

Why do I know it's an obvious hoax? People who are devout wouldn't want Mass turned into a game and the other group of Catholics hardly go to mass on Sunday anymore so I doubt they would find a religious game appealing.

Glad you think it's funny and worthy of promotion.
Fran Rossi Szpylczyn
It looks filled with hoaxiness, complete with the aforementioned left-handedness. Sometimes you just have to laugh. This is one of those times.

Eric Stoltz
I hope it comes with a Clown Mass plugin.
Brian Thompson
That is pretty funny!

Marissa Lafler
O.o would be the best description of my reaction.
Kotaku.com thinks it's a hoax.
Upon repeat viewing, I think it's just a hoax.
Marissa Lafler
There was a talking rosary? That's just creepy.
There's virtually no information about the publishing company, and nerds nerdier than I claim the resolution is greater than the Wii is capable of handling.
Though running with this idea, a Tridentine expansion pack would be amusing.
Beth Cioffoletti
I HOPE it's a hoax too!
They say that Television is a mirror of who we are.  This seems like one of those mirrors showing things that we would rather not see.

(iStock/catinsyrup)
When the Covid pandemic gave us a chance to kiss the mantle of poverty and self-sacrifice we rebelled, writes Gloria Purvis. When offered the cross, we ran.
Gloria PurvisSeptember 16, 2021
In “Laysongs,” mandolinist Chris Thile lays theatrics and sea captains aside and sings simply and honestly about his struggle to believe.
Elyse DurhamSeptember 16, 2021
A graduate of Regis Jesuit High School in Denver interviews her former theology teacher on her experiences in and out of the classroom.
Erika RasmussenSeptember 16, 2021
My parents instilled in me the lesson that no matter what life threw at me, God would always be there to guide me.
Marie CoronelSeptember 16, 2021