On EWTN: John Padberg, SJ on the Jesuits

Mitch Pacwa, SJ, host of "EWTN Live" interviews the great Jesuit historian John Padberg, SJ, on the history of the Society of Jesus.  Father Padberg, director and genearl editor of the Institute of Jesuit Sources, has forgotten more about Jesuit history than I know.  The show is well worth a watch.

My word, 2 Jebbies on EWTN!?!  Has the world ended and we don't know it yet?

Seriously, awesome segment.
Very interesting.  Thank you for sharing.
Jim McCrea
Maybe Mama Angelica has had a conversion experience and has decided to return to the church.
@ Jim:

When the Catholic cable network's founder, Mother Angelica, suffered a stroke in 2001Fr. Mitch Pacaw SJ took over her program slots. This link provides a good summary of his involvement with EWTN which goes back quite a way. He met her in grad school. See:

www.companysj.com/v221/ontheair.htm

Fr. Robert Spitzer SJ has been on EWTN for years, though I do not know precisely when he started at EWTN. He has produced seven television series for EWTN: Healing the Culture, The Spirit of Catholic Leadership, Suffering and the Love of God, Finding God through Faith and Reason, Five Pillars of the Spiritual Life, Jesus-Emmanuel, and The Heavens Proclaim the Glory of God. I love Fr. Spitzer. He is just a tad manic (he would have to be—check out his bio) and so in love with Our Lord. For his bio see:

www.magisreasonfaith.org/files/pdfs/spitzerbio.pdf

Forget it, Jim. I can't type-Mitch Pacwa SJ . You know who I'm talking about!
Crystal Watson
He's an interesting guy.  I recently read a past article by him - "Ignatius, the Popes, and Realistic Reverence", Studies in the Spirituality of Jesuits , 25 (May 1993), and  you can see him in a couple of other videos on the Spiritual Exercises from Georgetown University here .... http://explore.georgetown.edu/documents/?DocumentID=48495 ...  and here  .... http://explore.georgetown.edu/news/?ID=48499
Smart, yes, but best of all, Fr. Pacwa has a cheerful heart and is a defender of the faith. Thank you for the link!
Jane Redmont
How wonderful to see and hear John Padberg, who is characteristically clear, learned, and clever in this interview. Informative and inspiring!  I'm not sure John would want me to call him the Energizer Bunny of Jesuit scholarship, but he really is amazing and my admiration and respect for him endure.  Ad multo annos!

Many thanks to you for making this video available. I have posted it on Facebook and will share it with students, parishioners, colleagues, et al.

Catholic representatives worked to keep negotiations on track for a comprehensive deal to address global warming as the U.N. climate change conference entered its second and final week in Katowice, Poland.
The bishops also approved two proposals made by their safeguarding commission concerning the protection of minors and vulnerable adults.
How can we spare the time to let others know of our care and concern?
Elizabeth Kirkland CahillDecember 11, 2018
The paralytic’s friends might have told him in dismay, “Let’s come back another day when it is less of a hassle.” But that is not what they said.
Elizabeth Kirkland CahillDecember 10, 2018