America Media Summer Internship Program
America Media seeks a summer intern to work as part of its editorial team in its New York offices.
If you are interested in our year-long O'Hare Fellowship for graduating college seniors, click here.
About America Media
America is a Jesuit media ministry offering a smart Catholic take on faith and culture. We are the leading producer of multi-platform content for thinking Catholics and those who want to know what Catholics are thinking about key church and social issues. We are best known for our award-winning flagship magazine, America, founded in 1909.
Summer Editorial Intern
The editorial team creates and plans content across multiple America platforms, including our magazine, website, videos, podcasts and live events.
Areas of Learning
The editorial intern will assist with the following, where appropriate
- Web content upload and site maintenance
- Production assistance on audio and/or video products
- Attend weekly editorial meetings and contribute to the editorial discussions
- Production of content and planning for social media
- Writing blog posts or articles for the magazine or website
- Although a candidate need not be Catholic, an interest in and knowledge of the Catholic Church, media and journalism is preferred
- Excellent researching, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and activities effectively
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office MAC (Word, Excel PowerPoint) and social media platforms. Familiarity with Drupal, Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite and database entry is helpful.
Stipend of $75.00 per day will be provided.
Opportunity to complete school internship credits and/or service requirements
Eligibility and Time Requirements
This internship typically involves a 9-week commitment, with some flexibility around start and end dates to accommodate school calendars. Work will be based out of New York City. Summer interns should be a) entering their senior year in high school or b) enrolled as an undergraduate student at a college or university at their time of service, or c) be a recent college graduate (applicants who have graduated in the spring or winter just prior to the proposed time of service). They are expected to work full-time from approximately June 1 through August 1. All interns are responsible for finding and financing their own housing.
Applications for summer internships should be submitted by January 15.