Catholic News Quiz: Athletes, performers and a president
How did you do? Sign up for our daily newsletter to stay up to date on the most important stories from the church and the world.
Read more about this week’s answers (No peeking until you’ve taken the quiz!)
- Joe Biden begins Inauguration Day with Mass
- Read: The homily Joe Biden heard at Mass on Inauguration Day
- Who is Father Leo O’Donovan, the Jesuit priest delivering the invocation at Biden’s inauguration?
- Read: The Invocation at the Inauguration of President Joe Biden
- Star NFL QB retires on feast of athletes’ patron saint
- Hank Aaron, baseball’s one-time home run king (and a Catholic convert), dies at 86
- Amanda Gorman’s inauguration poem revealed God—through its beauty.
Nicole Winfield - Associated Press
The latest from america
In 2012, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith declared that 'Just Love,' by Margaret Farley, R.S.M., could not be used in Catholic classrooms. It was a different era in the church.
A rabbi’s call for Pope Francis and Catholics to respond to ‘existential threat’ facing Jewish people
The Second Vatican Council helped establish a bond of friendship between Catholics and Jews. What is the state of that unity after the Oct. 7 terrorist massacre?
On the advice of his doctors, Pope Francis has “with great regret” canceled his visit to Dubai for the COP28 conference on climate change, the Vatican announced on Tuesday evening, Nov. 28.
Pope Francis has decided to punish one of his highest-ranking critics, Cardinal Raymond Burke, by revoking his right to a subsidized Vatican apartment and salary.