Catholic News Quiz: Athletes, performers and a president
How did you do? Sign up for our daily newsletter to stay up to date on the most important stories from the church and the world.
Read more about this week’s answers (No peeking until you’ve taken the quiz!)
- Joe Biden begins Inauguration Day with Mass
- Read: The homily Joe Biden heard at Mass on Inauguration Day
- Who is Father Leo O’Donovan, the Jesuit priest delivering the invocation at Biden’s inauguration?
- Read: The Invocation at the Inauguration of President Joe Biden
- Star NFL QB retires on feast of athletes’ patron saint
- Hank Aaron, baseball’s one-time home run king (and a Catholic convert), dies at 86
- Amanda Gorman’s inauguration poem revealed God—through its beauty.
The latest from america
Pope Francis concluded his three-day trip to Iraq with a stadium Mass in which he said the country “will always remain with me, in my heart.” America's Vatican correspondent, Gerard O’Connell, reports.
On the final day of his historic trip to Iraq, Pope Francis said, “To cleanse our hearts, we need to dirty our hands, to feel accountable and not to simply look on as our brothers and sisters are suffering.”
On the second day of his trip to Iraq, Pope Francis met with a Shia Muslim leader in Najaf and delivered a message of religious unity in the ancient community of Ur. Vatican correspondent Gerard O’Connell reports.