Podcast: When protesting is a spiritual practice
This week, Zac and Ashley discuss the spiritual and liturgical elements of protest movements with Nathan Schneider. Nathan wrote a feature article for America marking the 10-year anniversary of the Occupy Wall Street and Arab Spring protests, entitled, “Our world is ripe for revolution. 10 years after Occupy and the Arab Spring, what have we learned?”
Our Guest: Nathan Schneider, a reporter and professor of media studies at the University of Colorado Boulder.
Sings of the Times:
- Catholic Church leaders react to Derek Chauvin verdict in killing of George Floyd
- Why did the Biden administration have to be reminded of its commitment to refugees?
- The Nuns are going to the border
- Our world is ripe for revolution. 10 years after Occupy and the Arab Spring, what have we learned?
- Who was Ben Salmon and why should he be considered for sainthood?
What’s on Tap: Absinthe