On Day 1 of our virtual pilgrimage to the Holy Land, James Martin, S.J., guides us through the extraordinary sites of Capernaum, the central town of Jesus' Galilean ministry.
A blog on politics
- State tax burden shifts from high-income households to everyday shoppers
- Libertarian winces at treating welfare recipients like children
- Don’t blame the working poor for their low wages
- Hillary Clinton meets the third-term jinx (maybe)
- Rand Paul’s outreach on criminal-justice reform may work better in Kentucky than New Hampshire
A blog on national and international affairs
- What Is Behind South Africa Xenophobia Attacks?
- Horrific Loss of Life on Med Pushes EU Response
- Pope Accepts Resignation of US Bishop Who Failed to Report Priest Suspected of Child Abuse
- San Francisco Catholics Petition the Vatican
- Chicagoans Remember Cardinal Francis George as a Man of Kindness, Contradictions