If the Catholic Church is pro-life, why is its maternity leave so bad?
Last month, FemCatholic published an investigation on the maternity leave policies at diocesan offices around the United States. What they found wasn’t flattering. Two of the report’s authors, Kelly Sankowski and Renée Roden, join the show this week to talk about their findings.
During Signs of the Times, Ashley and Zac are joined by Gloria Purvis to give their off-the-cuff reactions to the leaked Supreme Court draft opinion that appears to signal the court’s readiness to overturn Roe v. Wade this summer.
Links from the show:
- Podcast: Is a better abortion debate possible?
- What's the State of Maternity Leave in the US Catholic Church? FemCatholic Investigates
- FemCatholic Mother’s Day petition to U.S. bishops
- U.S. bishops respond to Supreme Court abortion opinion leak: We ‘stand ready to help all pregnant women’
- Have Catholics been praying the Our Father all wrong?
What’s on tap?
Margaritas, sans lime, simple syrup and contrieua