Podcast: Catholic seminarians need therapy (like the rest of us)
This week, Zac and Ashley are talking about the psychological care that seminarians (i.e., priests-in-training) receive as part of their formation. They are joined by Maribel Laguna, the founder and owner of Cor Sacrum Counseling and Consulting. They talk to Maribel about:
- The Catholic Church’s relationship with psychology and counseling, historically and today
- The unique challenges seminarians are facing
- The type of psychological screening that goes into the decision to accept someone into a seminary program
In Signs of the Times, they discuss Pope Francis’ new pick to lead the Vatican’s doctrinal office and the best thing to go on tour in the United States this year: the relic of St. Jude’s arm.
Links from the show:
- Pope Francis appoints Archbishop Victor Manuel Fernandez as the new head of Vatican office for doctrine
- St. Jude’s arm is on tour in the US; tour schedule
- Become a member of Jesuitical’s Patreon community
What’s on tap?