Career Opportunity - Advancement Associate
Job Title: Advancement Associate
Reports to: VP of Advancement
Classification: Part Time
Effective Date: January 2024
Salary Range: $26.00 - $29.00 per hour
About America Media:
America is a smart, Catholic take on faith and culture, the leading provider of editorial content for thinking Catholics and those who want to know what Catholics are thinking. America leads the conversation about faith and culture by producing excellent, unique, relevant and accessible content across multiple platforms. Our contributors are the principal figures in the American Catholic Church today, the decision-makers and opinion leaders who drive the ecclesial and civic debate about religion, society, politics and the arts. Our weekly magazine, America, has been published continuously since 1909, making it one of the oldest periodicals in the United States today.
The main responsibility of this position is to provide support to the VP of Advancement and the Advancement operations. The below list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the core responsibilities and other additional related duties may be assigned.
- Process gifts using Raiser’s Edge while maintaining highly accurate and current donor data that effectively tracks donations, key information, cultivation activities and histories, and constituent codes
- Works with other electronic systems (Piano, BBMS) as needed to manage donor contributions and data
- Plays a key role in the strategic efforts of the division by providing extensive administrative support for the Vice President of Advancement by managing complex appointment calendars; answers phone calls from Board members, donors, consultants and vendors, makes travel arrangements, etc.
- Generates fundraising reports and data to be used to reconcile regularly with the business team and also to share with key leaders and Board members.
- Drafts acknowledgement letters and other correspondence using mail merges and reports using Microsoft Office and Google suite of tools.
- Assists with fundraising events, major gifts donors/prospects meetings and receptions throughout the year.
- Collaborates with various departments across America Media.
- Performs clerical duties to help the office run smoothly and efficiently creates nametags, folders, shipping to offsite meeting locations, etc.
- Support America Media Pilgrimage program with strong meeting and event management skills with demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement, and ability to execute projects in a timely manner. (Approximately two to three pilgrimages per year).
Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of progressive, professional experience supporting executive-level professionals preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Solid mastery of MS Office applications (especially MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), Google Suite, and a good understanding of database applications. G-Mail Merges.
- Utilize Google Calendar for scheduling meetings.
- Solid ability with preparing financial-related reports.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion when handling confidential information.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally; demonstrate excellent interpersonal, customer-service, and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented team player with a highly professional manner.
- Experience in dealing with senior executives in the profit and non-profit sectors and comfortable dealing with professionals at all levels.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems with little supervision.
- Willing to provide support where there is a need.
America Media is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
To apply, please send your resume directly to: