America is pleased to co-sponsor "From Nuclear Deterrence to Disarmament: Evolving Catholic Perspectives."
Thursday, May 7, 2015
Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs
170 East 64th Street, New York, NY 10065
Desmond Browne, vice chairman, Nuclear Threat Initiative
Rev. Bryan Hehir, Parker Gilbert Montgomery Professor of the Practice of Religion and Public Life, Harvard Kennedy School
Archbishop Bernardito Auza, Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the United Nations
Maryann Cusimano Love, associate professor of international relations, Catholic University of America
Timed to coincide with the Non-Proliferation Treaty Review Conference, speakers will discuss recent developments in Catholic approaches to nuclear proliferation and disarmament, including major recent statements issued by the Holy See.
Also sponsored by:
· U.S. Global Engagement Program, Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs
· Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies
· Nuclear Threat Initiative
· Office of International Justice and Peace, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
· Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs, Georgetown University
· Boston College
Free and open to the public.
Seating is limited. Register at no cost using promotional code ND5715.
This event also will be live streamed. Watch live stream here.