America Media seeks an Associate Editor for digital and print to lead America’s coverage of the Latino Catholic experience in the United States. The Associate Editor will report stories, cultivate writers and travel to cover important events of interest to the Latino community in the United States, Latin America and the Caribbean. The Associate Editor will provide feedback on articles being considered for publication by the editor in chief, write editorials in his or her area of expertise, review and edit manuscripts and proofread content.
- B.A. or B.F.A required, advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Editorial sensibilities that align with the mission of America Media
- Team player with strong communication and computer skills
- Knowledge and interest in the Catholic Church
- Bilingual proficiency, written and spoken (English and Spanish)
In addition to broad knowledge of the faith, tradition and social justice teachings of the Catholic Church, it is desirable that associate editors have a specific area or areas of expertise. For this position America is looking for candidates with deep knowledge and interest in the issues affecting Latino Catholics in America, including though not limited to immigration, education and economic mobility. Candidates should have a broad range of contacts in the Latino community. Though most content in this area will be published in English, candidates should be able to vet translations in cases in which America chooses to publish in both Spanish and English.
Resumes and writing samples should be emailed to [email protected]