Our Lady of Sorrows

Why my mother chopped off her hair,
followed me to the school bus stop
that morning in second grade,
I didn’t know. Or why

she bent down sobbing
don’t let go of my hand.
How long did we stand by the 7-11?
Other kids hushed, watching.

When the bus clunked to a stop
I climbed on last, grabbed a seat in back.
My mother outside, hand curled on my window,
her face a blur

as the bus jerked away.
The kid beside me punched my arm:
Who was that man with you
crying so hard?

I said I didn’t know.
Three times I swore I don’t know him.

A tragically beautiful glimpse at one of those defining "coming of age" moments in a child's life. FYI, an internet search revealed that Michael Mack has a website at: http://www.michaelmacklive.com This poem seems to be part of a longer series about his mother's life with schizophrenia. It looks like Mack has been touring with this work to increase public understanding about mental illness. As someone whose own family has faced issues like this, I can only say bravo!
???... :) ?????? ?????? ????????, ? ?? ??? ??? ??? ????? ??? ??? ???????? :)
{????? {???
?????????! ?????? ?? ???? ?????? ??? ????? ??????????? ????? :)
??? ???????: ? ?? ????? ?????????, ? ?? ??????????. ??? ???????!
??????? ?????????????? ????. ??????? ????? ? ??????????? :)
????????????? ? ?????????? ?????? ? ???. ? ??????? ?? ??????????? ?????? ??????? ????? ??? ????! :)
????????????? ?????????. ???????? ?? ??? ????-?????? ?? ??? ?? ????.
?????????????! ? ??????????? ??????? ?????? ????????, ?? ??? ???? ?????!
??... ??-?????, ?????? ??????????? ??????????? ?????. ?????, ?? ????? ??????????????.
??????????? ? ?????????? ????! ??????????? ?????? ????? ?????? :)
?????, ???? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ??????????? ????????, ? ?? ???? ????????? ?????????? ???????? :)
? ???????????? ????? ????????? ? ?? ????????, ?? ???? ???? ????????? :)
?????? ????? ?????? ???, ?? ? ?????? ??????? ?? ????????. ?????????, ??? ??? ???????. :)
???? :) ???? ????????? ???????????? ? ????????? ?????. ?????? ???????????!
??? ???????? ????, ?? ??? ??????? ???????????? ????? ???????? ?????? ????? ?????-?? ?????.
?????? ????? ???????? ???????? ?? ?????!:)
????? ? ????? ??????? ??????? - ????? ??????? ?? ????. :)
????? ???! ? ????? ? ??? ??? ????????? :)
??????, ????? ??????? ?????, ???????? ?????, ? ???? ??? ? ??? ??????, ?? ?????? ? ??? ?? ???? ????????? ??????? :)
???... :) ?????? ?????? ????????, ? ?? ??? ??? ??? ????? ???????? :)
??? ?? ????? ????? ?????? ???????? ?????? ????? ???? ? ???? ???????? ????? ????? ???? ??????????

Supporters of opposition presidential candidate Salvador Nasralla clash with military police in the Policarpo Paz Garcia neighborhood of Tegucigalpa, Honduras, on Jan. 20, 2018. Following a disputed election marred by irregularities, incumbent President Juan Orlando Hernandez was declared the victor and will be inaugurated on Jan. 27. The opposition does not recognize Hernandez's victory and are protesting against the result. (AP Photo/Fernando Antonio)
“You will see many protests during his mandate...because Honduras hasn’t fixed its age-old problems of inequality, exclusion, poor educational and health system, corruption and impunity.”
Melissa VidaJanuary 23, 2018
I want to be able to serve the state better. I want to be able to serve more of the state.
Nathan SchneiderJanuary 23, 2018
Formed in 2011, The Oh Hellos' Christianity is one of their foundational inspirations, evident in lines like "the only God I should have loved."
Colleen DulleJanuary 23, 2018
People gather at a June 14 candlelight vigil in Manila, Philippines, in memory of the victims of the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Fla. Philippine Catholic bishops called for vigilance against bullying, ostracism and harassment of gay people in the wake of the incident in which police said a lone gunman killed 49 people early June 12 at the club. (CNS photo/Mark R. Cristino, EPA)
“We are losing three generations of people, and we need to hear why,” said Bishop Mark O’Connell.
Michael J. O’LoughlinJanuary 23, 2018