Our Lady of Sorrows

Why my mother chopped off her hair,
followed me to the school bus stop
that morning in second grade,
I didn’t know. Or why

she bent down sobbing
don’t let go of my hand.
How long did we stand by the 7-11?
Other kids hushed, watching.

When the bus clunked to a stop
I climbed on last, grabbed a seat in back.
My mother outside, hand curled on my window,
her face a blur

as the bus jerked away.
The kid beside me punched my arm:
Who was that man with you
crying so hard?

I said I didn’t know.
Three times I swore I don’t know him.

A tragically beautiful glimpse at one of those defining "coming of age" moments in a child's life. FYI, an internet search revealed that Michael Mack has a website at: http://www.michaelmacklive.com This poem seems to be part of a longer series about his mother's life with schizophrenia. It looks like Mack has been touring with this work to increase public understanding about mental illness. As someone whose own family has faced issues like this, I can only say bravo!
???... :) ?????? ?????? ????????, ? ?? ??? ??? ??? ????? ??? ??? ???????? :)
{????? {???
?????????! ?????? ?? ???? ?????? ??? ????? ??????????? ????? :)
??? ???????: ? ?? ????? ?????????, ? ?? ??????????. ??? ???????!
??????? ?????????????? ????. ??????? ????? ? ??????????? :)
????????????? ? ?????????? ?????? ? ???. ? ??????? ?? ??????????? ?????? ??????? ????? ??? ????! :)
????????????? ?????????. ???????? ?? ??? ????-?????? ?? ??? ?? ????.
?????????????! ? ??????????? ??????? ?????? ????????, ?? ??? ???? ?????!
??... ??-?????, ?????? ??????????? ??????????? ?????. ?????, ?? ????? ??????????????.
??????????? ? ?????????? ????! ??????????? ?????? ????? ?????? :)
?????, ???? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ??????????? ????????, ? ?? ???? ????????? ?????????? ???????? :)
? ???????????? ????? ????????? ? ?? ????????, ?? ???? ???? ????????? :)
?????? ????? ?????? ???, ?? ? ?????? ??????? ?? ????????. ?????????, ??? ??? ???????. :)
???? :) ???? ????????? ???????????? ? ????????? ?????. ?????? ???????????!
??? ???????? ????, ?? ??? ??????? ???????????? ????? ???????? ?????? ????? ?????-?? ?????.
?????? ????? ???????? ???????? ?? ?????!:)
????? ? ????? ??????? ??????? - ????? ??????? ?? ????. :)
????? ???! ? ????? ? ??? ??? ????????? :)
??????, ????? ??????? ?????, ???????? ?????, ? ???? ??? ? ??? ??????, ?? ?????? ? ??? ?? ???? ????????? ??????? :)
???... :) ?????? ?????? ????????, ? ?? ??? ??? ??? ????? ???????? :)
??? ?? ????? ????? ?????? ???????? ?????? ????? ???? ? ???? ???????? ????? ????? ???? ??????????

People celebrate Nov. 21 outside parliament after hearing that President Robert Mugabe resigned in Harare, Zimbabwe. All Zimbabweans should have a voice in the country's governance following Mugabe's 37-year presidency, and the new government should embrace diversity, Zimbabwe's bishops said. (CNS photo/Kim Ludbrook, EPA)
The Zimbabwe Catholic Bishops Conference issued a statement urging calm, restraint and patience during what they called “most delicate times.”
Anthony EganDecember 11, 2017
A reflection for the second Monday of Advent
Elizabeth Kirkland CahillDecember 11, 2017
Sources in the Vatican say they cannot understand how President Trump’s decision to recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel can be in the best interests of the United States.
Gerard O’ConnellDecember 10, 2017
Beatrice Fihn, the executive director of the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) holds two paper cranes in Oslo on Dec. 9. (AP Photo/David Keyton)
The pope was lauded at the presentation of the Nobel Peace Prize for condemning the “false sense of security” of nuclear weapons.
Gerard O’ConnellDecember 10, 2017