Bill McGarvey is a writer, editor and musician. During his six-year tenure as editor-in-chief of BustedHalo.com the online magazine won numerous awards for its provocative discussion of religion and culture and was featured in the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, NPR, The Atlantic, USA Today and the Houston Chronicle. His book The Freshman Survival Guide: Soulful Advice for Studying, Socializing, and Everything in Between, (Hachette Book Group), is now in its fifth printing and is used in both colleges and high schools across the country. He has written and commented on the intersection of culture and faith for NPR, BBC, Commonweal, America, The Tablet (London), Factual (Spain), Time Out New York, and Book magazine. He is also the owner/editor of CathNewsUSA.com, a popular, daily aggregator of Catholic news. As a musician, McGarvey has released five albums to critical acclaim from the New York Times, Washington Post, the Chicago Tribune, Billboard and Performing Songwriter. His music has also appeared on network television and in feature films. Learn more at billmcgarvey.com.
Articles by Bill McGarvey
Recent Blog Posts
- Gen X Faith and Culture: A Conversation With Bill McGarvey March 6th, 2014
- Faith, Literature & the Deadly Effects of Casino Gambling February 26th, 2014
- Phone calls, Postcards & Pete Seeger, or: How I once wrote a song with an American icon without him really knowing it February 10th, 2014
- The cover of the Rolling Stone... January 31st, 2014
- Pope: Warns that Poorly Trained Priests Can Become ‘Little Monsters’ January 4th, 2014